The Company "Seames" is engaged in performing surveys of all kinds of general cargo (including heavy lift and measurement cargo), bulk and liquid cargo (oil and oil products, fertilizers etc.) as well as providing an independent professional advice to ship owners, cargo owners and forwarders on the carriage of loads by sea in compliance with the requirements of the International Conventions and Regulations:
"International Convention for Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974";
"Code of Cargo Safe Stowage and Securing";
"Code of Safety for Vessels Carrying Timber Deck-Cargo";
"International Code of Bulk Grain Safe Transportation";
"Code of Safe Transportation of Hard Bulk Cargoes";
"International Safety Guide of Oil Tankers and Terminals (ISGOTT)".
We give expert professional advice on making cargo plans, methods of stowage and lashing/securing of cargoes.
1. DRY BULK CARGOES
1.1 As the representative of the CNIIMF (Central Marine Research Institute) in Kaliningrad the Company is authorized to perform certification tests of bulk cargoes by the IMO methods and issue an appropriate certificate ("Certificate of Cargo Characteristics at the Time of Loading").
We can establish:
1.2 We can perform quality control survey on cargo to establish the compliance of the condition and quality of the cargo with ISO and GOST requirements etc. by means of:
- Stowage factor;
- Moisture content;
- Liquefaction moisture content;
- Angle of repose;
- Granulometric composition;
- Calorimetric analysis.
1.3 We can conduct initial/final draft survey and issue an appropriate Weight Certificate or Survey Report to this effect.
- Visual inspection of cargoes;
- Radioactivity measurement;
- Sampling for laboratory analyses;
- Taking samples for arbitration.
1.4 We can establish the cause, nature and extent of damage to cargo in the course of carriage, loading/discharging and storage such as:
- Wet damage to cargo by sea water;
- Cargo contamination in the warehouse and/or in the course of loading.
2. GENERAL CARGOES
2.1 Guided by the International Convention ("SOLAS 1974") and "Code of Cargo Safe Stowage and Securing" we give expert advice on making cargo plans, supervise arrangement and lashing/securing of cargo and issue "Certificate of Cargo Safe Stowage and Securing" in order to safeguard the vessel, her crew and cargo.
We perform survey and supervision of the following cargoes:
- Finished steel products (HRC & CRC), semi-finished steel products (slabs, billets, blooms, ingots etc.) and other metal products;
- Package, bag, bale, break-bulk and unitized cargoes;
- Ro/Ro cargo;
- Forest products;
- Heavy-lift and measurement cargo.
2.2 We establish the general condition, correct identity and description of the cargoes and their fitness for purpose, viz.:
2.3 We conduct a pre-loading cargo condition survey in the open storage and warehouses of the port, viz.:
- Suitability of cargo packing for transportation;
- Correctness of labeling and marking.
2.4 We carry out cargo loading survey, viz.:
- Quality control of cargo condition and its packing;
- Re-weighing of cargo;
- Supervision of cargo loading, lifting, stowage, securing and transporting;
- Supervision of condition of cargo packaging/packing.
2.5 We perform tally of cargo loaded:
2.6 We establish the condition of warehouse/storage facilities and their fitness/suitability for loading, transportation or storage of a particular cargo, viz.:
- Quantify cargo by type, consignment, shipping order etc.;
- Check labeling/marking and cargo compliance with shipping documents and technical specifications under the contract;
- Examine cargo packing condition making appropriate remarks re all the damages found, check cargo packing compliance with the respective contract requirements;
- Check cargo weight in accordance with the accepted standards and requirements;
- Make cargo specifications.
2.7 We perform survey on cargo damaged through inadequate conditions and methods of transportation:
- Inspect warehouse facilities and check their cleanness and fitness for cargo storage;
- Inspect ship's holds and check their cleanness and fitness for the carriage of a particular cargo;
- Check the conditions and methods of cargo transportation and storage.
2.8 We carry out surveys of forest products, viz.:
- Examination of damaged cargo;
- Estimation of the extent of damage;
- Identification of the cause of damage and quantification of the loss.
2.9 We can make inspection of food products as follows:
- Measurement of timber quantity on shore;
- Screening of forest products;
- Supervision of loading.
2.10 We perform the following surveys of containers:
- Ascertain cargo standard condition;
- Establish condition of cargo storage, analyze and interpret data of temperature recorders;
- Seal and verify seals of cargo holds.
- Inspection of technical condition of containers to reveal damages prior to and in the course of loading;
- Supervision of stuffing and stowage of cargo inside the containers with issuing "Certificate on Cargo Stowage in Container";
- Supervision of containers loading on board with issuing "Certificate on Container Loading and Securing on Board";
- Sealing containers and verifying the seals.
3. LIQUID CARGOES
3.1 In accordance with the "International Guide on Safety of Oil Tankers and Terminals" (ISGOTT) and local regulations for sea transportation of liquid cargoes we offer expert advice and attendance on the following liquid cargoes.
3.2 We can perform pre-loading quality control survey of cargo, viz.:
- Oil and oil products;
- Liquid fertilizers;
- Food products (liquid).
3.3 We can establish the quantity of the loaded cargo and issue an appropriate certificate in compliance with ASTM or GOST standards, viz.:
- Sampling for laboratory analysis;
- Taking official samples from shore storage tanks;
- Checking ship's tanks fitness for the receipt and carriage of cargo.
- Determine the cargo quantity by shore measurements;
- Determine the cargo quantity by ship measurements;
- Inspect ship's bunker tanks;
- Take samples from ship's tanks, preparing an official sample.